August 01, 2018

Birthday Adventures


FILM! 

I get so excited about it every time. We've had a bit of a busy last while, hence the reason these pictures are from March haha oops. BUT this was a milestone for me as I was really happy that I remembered some of the tips my sister taught me (check her out here: Carrie Lynn Unger Photography) #shamelessadvertising .. and applied them. Most of these pictures actually turned out how I was imagining they would! ACK! personal win! ha 

We had a full 2 day, 1 night weekend together in March for both of our birthdays. My birthday is in December so we were a bit late but I mean, twin babies. That's always why. ha It was thee perfect weekend; we each planned a day for the other and we hit the nail on the head. We actually ended up both planning surprise drinks with all of her friends (they're also my precious winnipeg friends hehe) for each night for each other LOL they kept both secrets well and were good sports with spending both evenings with us haha it was a blast :) 

here is our adventure



Breakfast  




quick photoshoot on top of the hotel - cost us another $2 in parking haha worth it.




I conquered a lot of fears to get here; elevators, heights & parkades. It was a rough few minutes man



hotel view - we were blessed with a free night :') it was magical.



a morning swim



tattoo: a jack pine that I drew from the street we grew up on together. I have the same one on my arm <3



tattoo: perfect love casts out all fear 



supper


I took her to this stunning greenhouse (thanks to a friend for the suggestion)





I wish I didn't kill plants :'( I want them all.




We took a look at Pepo Ceramics and lot.15 <3



PERSONAL FAVES - I MEAN, LOOK AT THE GOLD





and finally got a tour of our cousin's business! He creates and hand makes beautiful clothing: Commonwealth Mfg



on my bucket list; climb a fire escape. again with the heights but I did it!



MORE GREENHOUSE


She found a plant baby :)



we just cannot resist mirror selfies







she took me to the CONSERVATORY :') it was perfect.




pure magic.




also, cutest model alert




I shot black & white film for my first time! I have quite a bit to learn but i LOVED it. 










it makes everything look like a totally different world





CACTI!




It was the most perfect weekend and I want to go back, all the time :) 

Love you sister shrub.
<3

Ps. I am always open to tips/critique/advice for film! I do the very basics right now ha Also, location suggestions! Preferably outdoors or abandoned hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment