September 08, 2015

A Road Trip and a Wedding



I’m a bit behind with this blog; apparently when you don’t have the internet, this makes it infinitely harder to post things. 
So, since it’s my blog and I can do what I want, I’m going to post old things from the last few weeks because they rocked my socks :D Starting with a family road trip (there will be pictures.. I’m warning you because my daughter is literally the cutest person and your heart may ache, in a good way)

At the end of August (right before my mat leave ended) we headed out to Edmonton with the family for a wedding (my superb cousin Riley and his equally superb fiancé Taylor). We rented a van; yes that’s right, so that we could hang out on the way there while saving gas money. #coolestkids
We took the drive in two days; praise the Lord. With an 11 month old baby who refused to sleep for the entire day, this was a blessing. Other than that, she was a dream child to travel with. I was so proud of her. She partied with us all day long and slept hard allllll night. It was amazing! 



The first evening consisted of a beautiful Italian restaurant with delicious food, me finding out my Polaroid wasn’t working (legit wanted to throw a fit in the middle of the street but I kept my cool and just repeated brokenly “I’m so sad, I’m so sad”) and wine and wifi in the evening at our beautiful hotel suite.

Friday we had all day to do whatever we wanted. My husband and my dad made us ladies breakfast (I could get used to that) and we lounged until Alex woke up.  Naturally, when you are this close to a mall, you are in a sudden need for a new outfit. We spent our evening browsing and eating and yes! I did find an outfit to wear to the wedding! I also stayed under my budget (both of these things give me a rush.. I am a numbers fanatic  #dontjudge) A successful evening.

Saturday was also a ‘free’ day, so it was off to the waterpark! Alex got to spend lots of time with Grandma and Aunty Carrie and I got to hang out with my dad, husband, cousins and Uncles! First up was the speed slide.. yeesh. You go into a capsule and they drop the bottom out from under you. After that, I could do anything!
I was a little concerned about the pressure in my brain (see my last three posts for background on that: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3) but the only rule I saw for medical conditions did not list mine so I said a prayer and went for it. It was the most fun I have had in a long time :) Did I mention almost all of the my dad's side and a good portion of our small town was out? It was terribly fun running into everyone and hanging out with them so far from home. I had missed them all; we need more gatherings! 
After the waterpark it was Olive Garden for supper and then the hotel for swimming and hot tubbing .. this was also amazing because we have yet another set of cousins that live in Edmonton and they joined. We were too many people for one room, so we pulled up all the chairs in the lobby and talked until the night. <3 my heart was so full 

Sunday; WEDDING DAAAAAY! So much excitement. I can’t really describe how much we love Riley and Taylor. Riley is our cousin but also our friend. He’s very calm, laid back, only says what he means, and has a sharp wit. He has chosen the most beautiful, caring woman who laughs very easily (lucky for Riley and his puns hehe) and brings joy to everyone she meets. I could not be happier for these two or that I get to attend this wedding. Yet another bonus; Riley’s brother Tyler is out from New Zealand (he is all over the globe, a missionary of sorts) and it had been too long since we have seen him!

The wedding was beautiful, the reception was full of fun and laughs (other than the unfortunate instance where Alex peed on a friends dress.. oops. She handled it well ha) and the food was perfect. Why is it that food makes everything even better?

When we got back to the hotel; the family joined us yet again for hot tubbing and talking. Did I mention the fact that my stud of a husband offered to stay back in the hotel with Alex while she slept so that I could stay out with my family? Man, I love that guy. 

The next day, we left early in the morning for home but stopped in at Riley and Taylor’s (they were gone obviously) where his entire family was staying. Seeing them all for one last time was the icing on the cake! The nights with family will stay in my mind forever and I am beyond blessed to have them. It was a fantastic ‘end-of-my-mat-leave’ celebration/summer vacation. 


Ensue pictures.

 

























                                               do you see that photobomb? level: kayla








No comments:

Post a Comment